People who have suffered a crime may need practical information and advice or simply someone to talk to.
Victim Support is the independant national charity which helps people cope with crime. Trained volunteers based in local branches contact people after a crime to offer free confidential support and information. People are referred to Victim Support by the Police and other organisations, or just contact us themselves to ask for help.
Victim Support aims to offer a comprehensive service to all sections of the community and is committed to ensuring that all kinds of people are welcomed and involved throughout the organisation.
Victim support also works for the rights of victims, witnesses and their families and for greater awareness of the effects of crime.
Victim Support offers
- Someone to talk to in confidence
- Information on Police and court procedures
- Liaison with other organisations on behalf of victims
- Information on compensation and insurance matters
- Contact with other sources of help
- Victim Support can arrange for volunteers to accompany people to the police station and to court.
Victim Support can be contacted at
Bridgend County Victim Support, Bridgend Police Station, Brackla Street, Bridgend. CF31 1BZ. Tel : 01656 679555