What does Community Cohesion mean?
Community cohesion is:
• how everyone in different areas live beside each other
with respect and understanding of differences;
• community life where everyone has a chance to take part;
• where everyone gets equal use of services;
• everyone valuing differences;
• accepting and supporting each other;
• overcoming problems.
No matter what your age, gender, race, disability, language, religion or sexual orientation it's important to have sense of unity and belonging.
If you have experienced any issues because of the above or would simply like to represent your community we would welcome you to become a member of the Bridgend Community Cohesion Group.The group consists of a cross-membership of the areas of diverse communities, agencies such as the police and council and third sector.
If you want your voice to be heard please contact Emma-Louise Maher on 01656 306051
See below for current campaigns and poster downloads: